Perfect Dark Cheat Codes
Beat Challenges Easily
Having trouble beating some of the tougher challenges in PD's Combat Simulator mode? Here's little loophole that lets you easily beat all the challenges without any problems. All you need to execute this trick are two controllers and a memory slot to save your game.
Using the first controller, select Advanced Setup and create an easy scenario with nothing but MeatSims. Save the scenario, then access the Load Settings screen -- but don't load anything. Now use the second controller to select a challenge you would like to beat. Press Start until it says "ready and waiting."
Finally, use the first controller to load your scenario. You will now be able to play the challenge with the easy settings of your custom scenario. This trick will work with all challenges, but you have to change the combat setting depending on the type of challenge (eg: Hold the Briefcase or King of the Hill). You can use this little trick to completely customize the challenges, including the time limit.
Firing Range Trick
Here's a handy little trick if you're having problems beating all the weapons challenges in the firing range. Go into the Carrington Institute firing range and access the Laptop Gun challenge (for any medal). When the training session begins hold down the B button so the gun switches over to the secondary weapon mode (sentry gun). Hit Z to deploy the sentry gun -- but as soon as you hit Z hit the START button. Select "abort", then hit START again as soon as the screen starts to fade. You should now be back at the weapon challenges list. You can now pick any challenge you haven't completed and commence the training. If done properly, the sentry gun should still be deployed and will start firing at the targets and beat most of the challenges for you. Note that there are some challenges where this trick doesn't work, such as the RCP-120.
Combat Simulator Rewards
You can unlock the following preset games:
- Unlock Hold the Briefcase by completing 2 Challenges.
- Unlock Pistol One-Hit Kills by completing 3 Challenges.
- Unlock Capture the Case by completing 4 Challenges.
- Unlock Tranquilizer by completing 7 Challenges.
- Unlock Slow Motion by completing 8 Challenges.
- Unlock Temple Explosives by completing 11 Challenges.
- Unlock Slayer by completing 13 Challenges.
- Unlock Cloaking by completing 16 Challenges.
You can also unlock the following scenarios:
- Unlock Hold the Briefcase by completing 2 Challenges.
- Unlock Capture the Case by completing 4 Challenges.
- Unlock Complex by completing 1 challenge.
- Unlock Warehouse by completing 3 challenges.
- Unlock Ravine by completing 5 challenges.
- Unlock Temple by completing 6 challenges.
- Unlock G5 Building by completing 9 challenges.
- Unlock Grid by completing 11 challenges.
- Unlock Felicity by completing 12 challenges.
- Unlock Villa by completing 14 challenges.
- Unlock Sewers by completing 16 challenges.
- Unlock Car Park by completing 17 challenges.
- Unlock Base by completing 18 challenges.
- Unlock Fortress by completing 20 challenges.
- Unlock Ruins by completing 22 challenges.
Here's your guide to unlocking weapons:
- Unlock Farsight XR-20 by completing 1 challenge.
- Unlock Grenade by completing 1 challenge.
- Unlock Shotgun by completing 2 challenges.
- Unlock Falcon 2 (silencer) by completing 3 challenges.
- Unlock SuperDragon by completing 4 challenges.
- Unlock Laptop Gun by completing 5 challenges.
- Unlock Remote Mine by completing 6 challenges.
- Unlock Tranquilizer by completing 7 challenges.
- Unlock Falcon 2 (scope) by completing 8 challenges.
- Unlock Reaper by completing 9 challenges.
- Unlock Cloaking Device by completing 10 challenges.
- Unlock Devastator by completing 11 challenges.
- Unlock Proximity Mine by completing 12 challenges.
- Unlock Slayer by completing 13 challenges.
- Unlock Phoenix by completing 14 challenges.
- Unlock Combat Boost by completing 15 challenges.
- Unlock Mauler by completing 16 challenges.
- Unlock Callisto NTG by completing 17 challenges.
- Unlock Crossbow by completing 18 challenges.
- Unlock RC-P120 by completing 19 challenges.
- Unlock DY357-LX by completing 20 challenges.
- Unlock N-Bomb by completing 21 challenges.
- Unlock Laser by completing 22 challenges.
- Unlock X-Ray Scanner by completing 23 challenges.
|Weapons for Jo in Solo||Mission||Difficulty||Time Constraint
|Rocket Launcher||1.3 - dataDyne Extraction||Any||Finish
|Sniper Rifle||2 - Carrington Villa||Any||Finish
|Super Dragon||4.3 - Area 51 Escape||Any||Finish
|Laptop Gun||5.2 - Air Force One||Any||Finish
|Phoenix||8 - Attack Ship||Any||Finish
|Psychosis Gun||3.1 - Chicago||Perfect||1:44
|Trent’s Magnum||5.3 - Crash Site||Agent||2:50
|FarSight||6.2 - Deep Sea||Perfect||5:13
|Fun Cheats||Mission||Difficulty||Time Constraint
|DK Mode||3.1 - Chicago||Any||Finish
|Small Jo||3.2 - G5 Building||Any||Finish
|Small Characters||4.1 - Area 51 Infiltration||Any||Finish
|Team Heads Only||5.1 - Air Base||Any||Finish
|Play as Elvis||Area 51 Rescue||Perfect||7:00
|Slow Mo Single Player||1.2 - dataDyne Investigation||Any||Finish
|Gameplay Cheats||Mission||Difficulty||Time Constraint
|Invincible||Area 51 Escape||Agent||3:50
|Cloaking Device||3.2 - G5 Building||Agent||0:59 (or insert Game Boy game into Transfer Pak)
|Marquis of Queensbury Rules||1.1 - dataDyne Defection||Special||1:30
|Jo Shield||6.2 - Deep Sea||Any||Finish
|Super Shield||7 - Carrington Institute Defense||Agent||1:12
|Perfect Darkness||5.3 - Crash Site||Any||Finish
|Enemy Rockets||6.1 - Pelagic II||Any||Finish
|Enemy Shields||7 - Carrington Institute Defense||Any||Finish
|Classic Weapons for Jo in Solo||Medals Needed in Firing Range
|Kf7 Special||All Gold
|ZZT 9 mm||All Gold
|AR 53||All Gold
|Classic Sight||1.1 - dataDyne Defection||Any||Finish
|Unlimited Ammo – Laptop Gun||5.2 - Air Force One||Perfect||2:59
|Hurricane Fists||1.3 - dataDyne Extraction||Agent||2:03 (or insert Game Boy game into Transfer Pak)
|Unlimited Ammo||6.1 - Pelagic II||Special||5:50
|Unlimited Ammo, No Reloads||5.1 - Air Base||Special||3:11
|X-Ray Scanner||4.2 - Area 51: Rescue||Any||Finish
|R-Tracker/Weapon Cache Location||9 - Skedar Ruins||Any||Finish (or insert Game Boy game into Transfer Pak)
|All Guns in Solo||9 - Skedar Ruins||Perfect||4:07 (or insert Game Boy game into Transfer Pak)
|Buddies Cheat||Mission||Difficulty||Time Constraint
|Velvet Dark||Have at beginning||N/A||N/A
|Pugilist||1.2 - dataDyne Investigation||Special||6:30
|Hotshot||4.1 - Area 51 Infiltration||Special||5:00
|X-Ray Scanner||4.2 - Area 51: Rescue||Any||Finish
|Hit and Run||2 - Carrington Villa||Special||2:30
|Alien||8 - Attack Ship||Special||5:17
- 1.1 dataDyne: Defection (Perfect Agent)
Laptop Gun:The hacker will open a locked door by the elevators.
Dual Falcon: Dropped by the helmeted guard three floors down from the roof.
- 1.2 dataDyne Research Investigation:
Double CMP150: Make it to the weapons cache near downstairs maintenance bots without being seen.
Proximity Mine: On perimeter of isotope room.
- 1.3 dataDyne Central Extraction:
DY357 Magnum: Take down the first five guards without being seen.
Grenade & Dragon: make it to the elevator without being detected. Kill the first guard after taking the elevator up. Use the Key Card he drops to access Cassandra's office. Make a hole in the right corner of the room to find the Dragon.
- 2 Carrington Villa:
Devastator: Destroy crates on helipad near the villa.
Double CMP150: Kill the first sniper in under 38 seconds.
Perfect Agent: Sniper Rifle: In bathroom next to bedroom.
- 3.1 Chicago Stealth
BombSpy: Use barrels to explode dumpster near G5 building.
Double Falcon 2 (Scope): In Pond Punk bar.
- 3.2 G5 Building Reconnaissance
Crossbow: Disarm cloaked guard in first room.
Special and Perfect only: N-Bomb If you blew up the top fire escape in 3.1, it will be near the exit upstairs.
- 4.1 Area 51 Infiltration
Double MagSec 4: Kill red guard near comms rider. He'll drop the other MagSec 4.
- 4.2 Area 51 Rescue
Phoenix: In secret room above hangar.
Double Falcon 2 (Silencer): Explosive barrel lodged in a stack of crates to the right of first hall.
- 4.3 Area 51 Escape
Remote Mines: Get Elvis to safety in under 36 seconds.
Double Falcon 2 (Scope): Behind you in the glass lab at start.
- 5.1 Air Base Espionage
Double DY357 Magnum: Punch out the NSA agent near the elevator to the AF1 hangar.
Proximity Mines: Near beginning of level, past the tunnel on a snowy ledge.
- 5.2 Air Force One Anti-Terrorism
Double Cyclone: Punch the two Secret Service agents in the room straight ahead after the start. Their Key Cards each open a closet containing a Cyclone.
- 5.3 Crash Site Confrontation
Proximity Mine: Visit Elvis at his UFO.
Double DY357 -LX: Disarm Trent as he runs by you after rescuing the President.
- 6.1 Pelagic II Exploration
Double Falcon 2 (Silencer): Do not trigger an alarm. Make it to the guard four doors from the start. Kill him and he'll drop the Double Falcon.
- 6.2 Deep Sea Nullify Threat
Proximity Mines: Just past the tunnel after the large cavern (near beginning), kill the guard to the left. He'll cough up the mines.
- 7 Carrington Institute Defense
Devastator: Save a single hostage in the information center.
- 8 Attack Ship Covert Assault
Double Mauler: Kill the Skedar in the center of the bridge.
- 9 Skedar Ruins Battle Shrine
Double Phoenix: Destroy two unmarked temple targets with the Devastator. The Phoenix will appear on the ledge before the canyon.
- 10 Mr. Blonde's Revenge
Double CMP150: Kill Cassandra's bodyguards near the lab elevator.
- 11 Maian SOS
Double DY357 -LX: Kill guard in left containment room.
Psychosis Gun: On lab table at start.
Transfer Pak Cheats
Use your Game Boy version of Perfect Dark and a Transfer Pak to unlock four cheats hidden in your N64 version of Perfect Dark. Plug in your Transfer Pak and GB game and download your save data information from the Game Boy version to the N64 version. This will make four cheats available.
All Guns in Solo mode
Unlocking Special Assignments
There are a couple of hidden levels that you can unlock by playing through the game:
- Mr. Blonde’s Revenge is unlocked by completing all solo missions in Agent difficulty or higher.Maian SOS is unlocked by completing all solo missions in Special Agent difficulty or higher.
- WAR! is unlocked by completing all solo missions in Perfect Agent difficulty.
- Duel is unlocked by finding all weapons in the solo missions and gaining at least a Bronze rating on each weapon at the Carrington Institute Firing Range.
- Unlock Perfect Darkness (new difficulty setting) by beating all solo missions in Perfect Agent.
Why are there pieces of cheese hidden in Perfect Dark? I don't know, but here are the cheese locations:
- 1.1: Enter the first big room, with the big ventilation fan, the light switch and the security hub. Just to the right of the security hub is a large gray cylinder, hit the cylinder with some type of explosive. A large hole will open up, enter the hole and you will fall to a small room with 3 vents and a ladder. Inside one of the vents you will find the cheese.
- 1.2: The cheese in the dataDyne research lab is on the pipes below the glass floor in the lab where the bastard scientist sounds the alarm on you. The glass I'm talking about is forward and below from the entrance to that particular lab. At least I think it's cheese....
- 1.3: On mission 1.3, you can kill a guard to get the keycard [see walkthrough for instructions on how to get this key card] to Cassandra's office. She isn't there this time, but there's a grenade on her table. If you throw it in the right hand corner of the room, one of the walls breaks away. Inside you'll find a Dragon and a piece of cheese!
- 2: After activating the wind generator, continue through the underground passages towards Carrington. After going down a set of steps you'll soon end up in the wine cellar. The first room has two shelves of bottles, but no cheese. Proceed through this room to the narrow hall. Jackpot. You are in a small, narrow hall with a shelf of wine bottles on the left and one further down on the right. The left one has a small piece of stinky yellowy-orange (with darkish looking holes) cheese on top. It's pretty much in the middle on top, and it's kinda hard to see. Once you've located a spec of yellow, use the sniper rifle to zoom in and inspect your prize. It's unmistakable -- that's cheese.
- 3.1: In a toilet in the Punk Pond bar. [see walkthrough for route into Pond Punk]
- 3.2: In the vent in the Damping Control room. Behold the power of cheese.
- 4.1: Not discovered yet.
- 4.2: In level 4.2, it helps if you have a sniper rifle [cheat]. You have to do it on the difficulty special agent or higher. Blast through the wall and head down to the locker rooms. Go through the door in the middle and kill all the guys there. Go up the ramp across from the door. Then you get to the t-section you should see a section of railing in front of you just to the right. Kneel down and pull out the sniper rifle and look straight ahead down the vent shaft and you will see the cheese. You can walk across the piping and go into the vent shaft but if you go too far you'll fall into the locker room.
- 4.3: On escape from area 51,on special agent play the level normally,cross the zig-zag bridge that spans across the gorge and make your way through the next room (where johnathon is on agent difficulty)when you come to the next door,just keep heading straight through the series of doors ahead of you until you come across a big room with catwalks and support rails heading off into the left on the first one there is a break in the rail that you can walk out on the rail to a little vent..duck,zoom in with the sniper rifle..and theres that sweet cheddar.
- 5.1: Go through the caves where you sedate the stewardess and head to the left of the cable line all the way against the mountain. Pull out your slipery sniper rifle and point and zoom it at the water where the arrowshaped mountain seems to indicate. Swiss cheese it is my fiends.
- 5.2: The cheese on the level where you are on Air Force One is on some equipment near where the presidential escape pod is.
- 5.3: If you go to the right side of air force 1 on the crash site level and look through the crevice on the right side of the wall guarded by one of those "Scandanavian Freaks", you'll see a little speck of yellow. Upon further inspection (with the sniper rifle) it is quite apparent that you are looking at a block of cheese!!! You can't get to it because of an invisible wall, so you may have trouble finding a good viewing angle.
- 6.1: Say goodbye to Elvis and proceed through the first door. Turn right and go down the hall. Left at the alarm and through the door. There should be a sort of pillar in this smallish area. Keep going a bit and there will be a door on the left. The door leads to the room with the big power thingy (where you have to use the XRayScan to hit switches). Don't go through the door, but instead walk forward a bit. There will be a large grate in the floor. Shoot out the lights on the floor if they're too bright, and look down. There's a big stinking wedge of fromage down there. It's pretty obvious and unmistakable -- that's cheese.
- 6.2: I found a hidden cheese today while playing my brand new copy of Perfect Dark... In Mission 6.2 (Deep Sea- Nullify Threat) right at the beginning of the level if you look to your right and out the windows that look into the ocean floor, you can catch a glimpse of a piece of cheese near the far back wall of rock. You can get an even better look if you go through the first door straight ahead and look to your right again. It just jumped out at me and I couldn't resist getting on the IGN Cheese List.
- 7: Shoot the Skedar at the beginning, then go through the door right next to him. You'll be on a balcony overlooking a landing pad. Directly to your right you'll see a small ramp leading to a shiny door. Go up the ramp, against the door, and turn around. Above the door you just came through and slightly to the left, you should be able to see the cheese in a narrow crack. Just follow your nose; that cheese has been in the sun for awhile.
- 8: This piece of cheese is easily found. Take the elevator down into the Skedar hangar (with or without Elvis) and turn right after the ramp as you enter the hangar. Head back towards the elevators on the wall in front of you and go into the room on your right. As you enter the room, turn left, crouch and look into the hole in the glass portion of the floor. In the back left corner is a lovely piece of Swiss cheese.
- 9: Next to the Shield (only there in A/SA) at the end of dead end tunnel (head the WRONG way at the start).
Break into the Carrington Institute Website
The following trick isn't for the game, but rather for Nintendo's "secret" promotional website. To break into the Carrington Institute website, use the following user name and password:
Enter these at the 'agents only' section of the Carrington Institute's site and you'll be granted access to a new area complete with information on "CI Scientists Missing", DataDyne files recovered, biological sampling system and intelligence reports.
<--Back To Main Cheat Page
Request a Game!