Resident Evil 2 Cheat Codes
Resident Evil 2 (PSX)
Note: This game is also titled Biohazard 2.
Beat either character's first scenario in under two hours and thirty minutes with an A or B ranking for the rocket launcher with infinite ammunition.
Beat either character's second scenario in under two hours and thirty minutes hours with an A or B ranking for the gatling gun with infinite ammunition.
Beat either character's second scenario in under three hours with a A or B ranking for the machine gun with infinite ammunition.
Note: The bonus weapon will appear in the next game after the first chest is opened.
Play Hunk scenario
Beat Claire or Leon's second scenario saving less than twelve times with a end time of under two hours and thirty minutes. Hunk is a soldier that must reach the second floor of the police station from the sewer with just battles and no puzzles.
Play Tofu scenario
Beat either character's first and second scenarios in less than three hours. Then, play the game again with the other character, and also complete their first and second scenarios in less than three hours. Play the game a third time and complete either character's first and second scenarios again in less than three hours.
Note: The game must be saved less than twelve times during each of the six scenarios played and bonus weapons must not be used. Tofu is a piece of tofu (food) that must reach the second floor of the police station from the sewer with just battles and no puzzles. Tofu can not use any weapons other than a knife.
Start a game on the normal difficulty setting. Then, go to the police station without collecting any items. Quickly move past the zombie that appears in the alley near the police station. Collect the shotgun, then kill the zombie. Take the special key from the zombie's body and go to the dark room to open the lockers with alternate uniforms. Claire has a single alternate uniform, with a quick shooting revolver. Leon has two alternate uniforms, one of which will allow him to shoot with one hand.
Select "Options" from the main menu or press Select while playing a game. Then, enter the "Key Config" screen, select "Type C", and then select "Exit". The quick auto-aim feature should now be enabled. Hold R1 to get Leon or Claire to pivot and aim at any zombie they see, and press L1 while holding R1 is held to change targets.
Note: You still have to hold Down to aim at crawling zombies and Up to aim at higher targets.
Search the desk on the left side of the S.T.A.R.S. office. Then, the phrase "Its trashed someone must have searched it" will be displayed. Repeatedly search the desk approximately fifty times until a roll of film is found. Take the film and develop it in the photo lab to see a picture of Rebecca in a basketball uniform.
Shoot the screen
While playing Leon's scenario, take the infinite ammunition shotgun and go to the roof where the helicopter crashed. Stand near the door leading inside, and make sure that a close-up view of Leon appears. Then, aim the shotgun at the screen and fire. Now bullet holes will appear.
Note: This may also be done at any location where Leon can aim at the screen with the shotgun.
The following locations behind and within the police station in Scenario 1 contain hidden ammunition caches.
- Alleyway past the stairs of the gunshop
Turn towards the trashcans opposite the blue dumpster and search them for hand gun bullets.
- Alleyway past the basketball court
Go past the zombie-filled basketball court until you find a van. Search the back of the van and to receive hand gun bullets.
- Dark Room
Search the filing cabinet along the wall (next to the storage box) for hand gun bullets.
- S.T.A.R.S. office
Check behind the "trashed" desk for hand gun bullets.
- Hall with the stairs to the basement
Search the mop bucket leaning against the metal shelves behind the stairs.
- Night Watchman's bunk room
With Leon, search the lockers for shotgun shells.
- Briefing room (with the chalkboard)
Using Leon, go to the room where the red jewel was hidden in the painting and search around the middle of the junk pile of art at the far end of the room.
- The hall with the crows
Search the man "that was pecked to death" twice for hand gun bullets.
- The hall behind the main R.P.D. police office (with the safe)
Look for an unmoving zombie lying face-up on the floor and search it for hand gun bullets.
- The hall with the filing room (near the beginning of the police station stage)
Check the dead zombie lying on the floor.
- Filing room (with the two sided filing lockers in the middle)
Using Leon, check the middle filing cabinets for shotgun shells.
- Party room (with the last surviving police officer)
Search the cabinet where you talked to the last surviving police officer.
- Statue with second red ruby
Have Leon or Claire search behind the statue with the second red ruby.
Mixing herb power-ups
The herb power-ups can be mixed using the "combine" command for varying, but very beneficial results. This will also save storage space for holding puzzle items. Here is a listing of some herbal combinations and the outcomes:
- 1 green herb + 1 green herb = 80% health recovery
- 1 green herb + 1 blue herb = 20% health recovery and poison antidote
- 1 green herb + 1 red herb = Full health recovery
- 1 green herb + 1 red herb + 1 blue herb (in that order) = Cure-all (full health recovery and poison antidote)
- 3 green herbs combined = Full health and more
- 1 1/2 hours, No saves, No infinite weapons, No first aids, No mixed herbs = "S"
- 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours 1-3 saves, 1-2 first aids, No infinite weapons = "A"
- 2 - 3 hours, 1-7 saves, 1-4 first aids, No infinite weapons = "B"
- 2 - 3 hours, 1-5 saves, 1-3 first aids, infinite weapons = "B"
- 3 - 4 1/2 hours, 1-7 saves, 1-7 first aids, No infinite weapons = "C"
- 3 - 4 hours, 1-7 saves, 1-6 first aids, infinite weapons = "C"
- 4 1/2 hours & up, 8 or higher, 6 or higher, infinite weapons = "D"
- 4 1/2 hours & up, 7 or higher, 6 or higher, No infinite weapons = "D"
- Under 2 hours, 1-2 first aids, 1-3 saves, No infinite weapons = "A"
- 2- 2 1/2 hours, 1-4 first aids, 1-3 saves, No infinite weapons = "B"
- 2- 2 1/2 hours, 1-2 first aids, 1-2 saves, infinite weapons = "B"
- 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours, 1-5 first aids, 1-8 saves, No infinite weapons = "C"
- 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours, 1-4 first aids, 1-6 saves, infinite weapons = "C"
- 3 hours or higher, 5 or higher, 9 or higher, infinite weapons = "D"
- 3 hours or higher, 4 or higher, 9 or higher, No infinite weapons = "D"
- Tyrant's ammunition
In Leon or Claire's second scenario, the player will constantly run into a giant super zombie called Tyrant. Every time a Tyrant is defeated, the player can steal his ammunition: Shotgun shells or magnum bullets for Leon, and grenade rounds or bow gun bolts for Claire.
- Final stage bonus room
The final stage has a bonus room that can be entered through a long but easy process. In the first scenario, have Leon or Claire use the red lab key card to enter the room with the giant flying moth. Kill the moth. Find the keyboard attached to the wall, kill the larvae on it and type your name in on the keyboard as "GUEST." Register your fingerprint. Go to the first floor of the lab and find the thumbprint reader panel. Use your fingerprint, and the panel should then ask for a second "fingerprint verification." Complete the game, and save the second scenario to any file. In the second scenario from the game you have just played, go to the final stage. Find the room on the first floor of the lab where wriggling plant vines are blocking the vent. The red lab key card should be there. Take it and go to the moth room with the keyboard. Enter your name as "GUEST" and register your thumbprint. Finally, go to the first floor and find the thumbprint reader. It should ask for the "secondary fingerprint verification." Do it, and the bonus room to the right of the panel should be unlocked. Look for a special weapon inside.
- Safe combination
The combination to the safe in front of the chief's desk at the police office, with all the zombies, is 2236. Open it to find shotgun shells and a map.
- Easy kill gator
When fighting the gator, and he starts coming towards you, go and inspect the yellow light on the left wall. Then, the light will fall off and the gator will eat it. Now while the light is in its mouth, shoot it and the gator will explode.
<--Back To Main Cheat Page
Request a Game!